- Use tail hair. Mane hair tends to be very fine and difficult to work with and isn't always compatible with my jewelry designs.
I will use mane hair but it is not recommended to wear some mane hair jewelry. Mane hair works great for tassels.
- Find a longer lock of hair and lift it away from the rest of the tail. Try not to include the shorter hairs.
- Cut close to the tail bone. Cut the longest hairs from different places so you don't have a big chunk missing in one spot
- Ideal amount of hair should be about the diameter of a pencil when squeezed tightly.
- For a bracelet I need about 16 inches long. Necklaces need to be about 10 inches longer than the finished product you want.
For hair that is a little too short, I can make it a multiple part necklace or join a seam inside a bead. Any amount of hair can be made
into a bracelet or necklace but less than ideal is subject to price difference.
- Bind hair bundle with a rubber band or hair tie and loosely coil in a ziplock bag. Include how you want your jewelry made and payment.
- Label with your name and phone number.
- Not all of the hair you trim will be useable. Let me know if you want any unused hair returned.
- The shorter hairs that are sorted out will not be returned.
- Mail hair and description of how you want your jewelry made along with payment to:
Licky Dog Farm, 33369 40th Street, Paw Paw, MI 49079
I will contact you before I start your custom piece for style preferences if you don't include them with your hair.
You're welcome to call with questions (269) 532-8915